|My original primal mayo on the right, my ampped up ceasar dressing on the left|
Inspiration from the Digestive Health Institute
Credit goes to Norm Robillard of the Digestive Health Institute who's gut friendly original version of this recipe inspired mine.
Using the above Caesar recipe as a template I switched it up to increase the fat content and to my personal taste.
Use the same technique you use to make blender mayo.
Melt in a pan until warm and liquid, but NOT hot
- one half cup light olive oil and one half cup of extra virgin olive oil OR one cup of normal olive oil
- 1/4 cup of butter
Once the butter is melted you can begin the Caesar dressing. Do not let the oil get hot.
In a blender place the following
- 2 chopped garlic cloves or puree of like amount
- 1 egg yolk (raw)
- 1 whole egg (raw)
- 1 TSP balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 TSP of apple cider vinegar (or more balsamic)
- 4 small anchovy fillets (anchovy paste sucks use the real thing)
- Blend the above mixture on a good speed until super mixed and a little fluffy
- Very very very slowly drizzle in warm oil and butter, cranking up blender speed as needed
- Now and then stop the blender, and mix with a spoon to let out any air bubble around the blade
- Incorporate fully all oil until a smooth dressing results