So when I am not keto currently I have found this a wonderful addition to breakfast, on a plate of bacon, eggs, and some quality sour cream to top it off (full fat of course).
|Latkes with a big dollop of sour cream, bacon, left over Christmas ham|
pepper parmesan scrambled farm fresh eggs! Wonderful and by the end of the day
I will be easily under 20% calories from carbs.
I am going to give the recipe in ratios, so you can double it up as you wish.
- You will need some butter and tallow (ideally) or other paleo friendly oils to fry the latkes in a pan
Four each 4 small latkes
- One large potato, grated and pressed of excess water
- One medium or small shallot peeled and chopped fine
- 1 small egg or half a large egg, depending how dry you can get the grated potato
- 1 1/2 tsp of tapioca, almond flour, or coconut flower
- 1/2 tsp of unrefined natural gelatin (to boost nutrient profile on the sly)
- 1/2 tsp of herbs, I like a bruschetta mix
- Some quality salt and pepper
- Some garlic puree or chopped garlic
|Shred the potato, I recommend a brown cloth so the potato starch does not stain it later|
|Place the shredded potato in a clean cloth, wring and press out as much water as you possibly can|
Get a good hand strength workout!
|Add the chopped shallots and sprinkle in all dry ingredients|
Then mix it up with a fork
|Add the eggs then mix very well|
|Heat a pan to medium with butter and tallow|
Fry both sides, ideally it will take about 3 minutes a side to get there so you know center is cooked
|Add a large dollop of quality sour cream, creme freche, etc...|