I started drinking bulletproof coffees some time ago and have been tweaking the recipe ever since. Although I use local organic coffee most of the time, brewed here in North Bay at Twiggs.
It has since evolved into a coffee that serves me well for keto-adaptation.
|Rich and delicious although the salty taste may throw some people... adjust as needed and get your salt another way if you like, perhaps in a broth?|
Saltwater Keto Coffee
Very important to use a blender. I got mine from a second hand store for 2 bucks 5 years ago and it still works wonderfully.
Place in blender
- 12 oz of hot, fresh, organic coffee
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of himalyan pink salt (adjust depending on salt load need and amount of training planned that day) Reasons, more reasons
- 1/2 tsp of micronized creatine mostly to keep topped up despite my high meat diet
- 1/4 TBS of micronized glutamine
- 1 small splash of grass fed whipping cream (when I can get it)
- 1 TBS of grass fed unsalted butter
- 2 TBS of organic virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 pack of knox gelatin (colagen protein) - Thanks to my friend across the pond who recommends gelatin forever now, and other info that backs her up.
Blend until smooth, poor in mug
And then blend
- 3 TBS of heavy whipping cream (grass fed when I can get it) until fluffy
- Spoon into coffee, it will float just under the foam as shown in picture
Very yummy but your taste for the amount of salt will vary greatly.