Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chocolate Blubber - The Ultimate Travel Fat for the Keto Road Warrior


In a salute to Chocolate Covered Bacon Bars Baby! And my friends on Big Primal

One of the hardest parts about travelling every week is the combo of  carb creep and fat absence.

Its pretty fricking hard to get 80% of cals from fat on the road.  You gotta ask the waitress for like 10 patties of butter and you may just get margarine.

Getting lean meat is easy though! So rather than packing both, I thought why not just bring a busload of fat!

Taking my queue from the Inuit hunter who used to pack almost all blubber for his trips that could last weeks or months.

I want something fatty, saturated, healthy, portable, and why can it not taste palatable too if I have to eat it in quantity?

Enter CHOCOLATE BLUBBER BABY!

Recipe

Note:  Due to the melting points of butter, and coconut oil, it is needed to keep this recipe cool in summer for travel.  I always bring a cooler with me travelling with ice in the bottom.
  • Melt together
  • 1 pound butter, ideally grass fed organic..
  • 1/3 as much coconut oil
  • 1 bar of 90% dark chocolate with very low carb ( Around here its Lindt at about 8 grams a bar)
  • Cool
  • Chop into big hunking chunks and add to coffee or just eat as needed for fat
Makes a few days worth of fat I am guessing.

I enjoy the taste a lot, as I like dark chocolate, coconut oil and butter independantly.



Pretty satisfying way to add fat to the lean that is readily available on the road to stay in nutritional ketosis.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have any of the nutritional info that could be put into MyFitnessPal? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just enter the recipe its pretty short on ingredients :)

      Delete
  2. I think im gonna try ghee instead of butter...

    ReplyDelete

No spam! Just questions or comments and feedback please.